Installation & Removal
Find out more about our installation and removal services here
Are you thinking about getting a new appliance but aren’t sure who’s going to fit it for you? We can help with this. If you are having your new appliance delivered in the in the local area (see postcodes here) we offer an installation service, at an additional cost. Our experienced installation team delivers witin a 25-mile radius of our Trowbridge or Malmesbury stores. If you are outside of this 25 mile radius, for some items you will have to organise the installation yourself but if you have any questions our helpful team are on hand so please do get in touch.
Here are a few useful tips to think about before installing your new appliance:
- If you have asked us to install an appliance, there must be an existing water supply, where relevant.
- Old appliances can be disconnected by us where possible and at the discretion of our installation team.
- If the delivery installation team considers your plumbing to be unsuitable or is unable to isolate the water then we will not be able to carry out the installation.
- We do not undertake any electrical work. For example, connecting the electrics via a spur socket.
- If additional work is needed such as moving pipework we can organise for this to be done, however, it would incur further charges.
- If you are buying an induction hob or range cooker you will need to check with an electrician if you have the correct electrical supply.
- If an item has been successfully installed and a leak develops within 24 hours please e-mail our office immediately. After 24 hours from the time of installation we will not be liable for any leaks that occur.
- For our standard installation service we do not undertake any structural work to cabinet or property, we do not connect to hardwired spur connections or have the ability to disconnect or reconnect plugs, extensions or major plumbing water connections. We do not fit gas or electric appliances or disconnect gas appliances. If we cannot access wet connections we may use old existing pipes to connect to appliances.
- Where you do have these requirements or for complicated installations we work with a qualified third party installer who can undertake specialist gas and electrical work for an additional charge. For full details on installation services please refer to our information guide.
If you are buying a product that is being hardwired you will need to check with an electrician whether you have the correct electrical supply.
Within our local delivery area we can organise for a site survey to confirm if an installation, connection or delivery of a product is possible. A site survey fee is non-refundable and costs £20.00. This includes surveying gas and/or electrical connections and allows us to confirm your specific requirements for delivery, connection and installation of your item.
Occasionally with appliances, we do need to undertake unforeseen work and by checking in advance we can be sure we have all of the correct tools and time allocated to deliver and install your appliance on the day, so we do also recommend having this when purchasing a large appliance. If you choose to have a site survey and purchase from us then £10 will be deducted from your installation fee.
Old product removal
We can also assemble your new furniture or remove and dispose of old appliances when we deliver your new one. Please see our website or talk to one of our team for prices.
If you have asked us to remove and recycle your old appliance without us providing a disconnection service then the product must be disconnected prior to removal. All water must be drained from the inside of washing machines and dishwashers. Freezers and fridge freezers must be defrosted. We reserve the right to refuse to remove an old product at the discretion of our delivery staff. The charge for removal of all household major domestic appliances 60cm and under is £19.99 and for all major domestic appliances over 60cm wide it is £24.99.