When do we collect your personal information?
We would really like to send you details about our products, services, offers and promotions but we will only do so when you tell us that you are happy to receive this information. You can let us know that you would like to receive this information either in-store or online.
We will also ask for and use your personal information when you buy products and services from us both in store and online. This is so that we can complete your order but we won’t use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you agree for us to do this.
By entering your details in the fields on knees.co.uk you enable Knees and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. For example to sign up to our . If you contact us through our website we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Please remember that you allow us to use your personal information when you use our website.
Your privacy is important to us and so we will never sell or disclose your personal information to a third party for the use of the information for other purposes than described in this policy. We may give your personal information to our trusted service partners for delivering services to you. For instance, for the purposes of marketing, finance, advertising, processing payment, delivery and other in-store and out of store services.
We will make sure that your personal information is protected when it is sent outside of Knees Home and Electrical. We make sure our trusted service partners keep your personal information safe.
What we do with the personal information you provide to us?
We use the information you give to us in a number of different ways:
- Processing orders. To process your order ensuring that the personal and financial information you provide is accurate. For this, we use payment systems of trusted third parties (Sage pay and PayPal) to ensure that your payment is safe and that your details are not being used fraudulently. We use systems of fraud analysis which ensure that genuine and accurate payment details are being provided for any purchase.
- Delivery of orders. For some of our deliveries we use trusted third party service providers. We will share your personal information provided to us with them for example name, delivery preferences and delivery address to ensure that the products and services you buy from us are delivered to the correct address.
- Customer Feedback. After you purchase from our website you may receive a post purchase customer feedback request. This survey email (via our feedback partner Feefo) is your opportunity to rate and comment on both our service and the products you have bought. There will be a link at the bottom of the Feefo email if you wish to opt-out of this. We may also on occasions ask you to complete surveys that we use to find out about your experience whilst shopping with us for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Keeping you updated. If you have opted in to receive our email newsletter we will use your personal information to send you emails on our products and services. You can unsubscribe from our email list and from all future mailings by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe from this list’ in the footer of the email.
- Shopping online. When making a purchase on knees.co.uk you have the option to set up an account on our website. This enables you to purchase products and services from Knees Home and Electrical without having to fill in your personal information every time you shop online with us. If your account has been inactive for a long period of time, we reserve our right to deactivate your account.
- Data Storage. We may store and process the information you provide to us for a period of time to enable to us to assist with any potential product faults, returns or complaints and to ensure that any allegation of fraudulent use of identity can be properly investigated in the future.
- Website and customer user improvements. We collect information to determine how to improve our site by seeing which areas; features and products are most popular. We also keep track of the domains from which people visit us. We analyse this data for trends and statistics, and then we discard it.
- Fraud prevention. To prevent fraud or other criminal activity and to make sure your information is accurate, we may pass on the information we have about you to other companies, retailers, financial organisations or other organisations specialising in the prevention of fraud and crime. We are sometimes obligated to disclose the information we have about customers to law enforcement agencies where an allegation has been made of suspected criminal activity.
- Statistical analysis. We may use the information we collect from you to analyse how you shop and what you shop for. Please see further information about this in our Cookies section below.
Storage of personal information
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to knees.co.uk; any transmission is at your own risk. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and processed via our secure transaction partner, Sage pay. Alternatively you have the option to pay for your purchase via a link at checkout to the PayPal website.
We keep the personal information we collect about you in secure environments by using the services of third party companies. Your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, disclosure, use, alteration or destruction by any organisation or individuals. We work with website storage service providers and our website developers to help store and manage personal data obtained from our website . Swan Retail provide the data management system for Knees for in store and online purchases and this information is stored securely on their servers.
If you have subscribed to receive our customer email we work with third party provider Mailchimp who store your name and email address.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of knees.co.uk, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use CCTV in our stores for the purposes of safety and crime detection and monitoring. We only store the information collected by CCTV for a period of time which allows us to assist regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies. This information is kept in secure environments and access is restricted to qualified security personnel.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. These websites have their own privacy policies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please make sure that you read their privacy policies before you submit any information to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies.
No longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes?
If you do not wish to be contacted about our products or services, you can unsubscribe by emailing us at email@example.com, or simply follow the unsubscribe link provided in marketing emails you receive from us.
To updated your records or access your information
If you find that the personal information we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name, address etc.) then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can correct it. You can also contact us on this email address if you would like to know what information Knees holds about you, we will provide you with that information subject to a £10 fee within 40 days of receiving the request. To remove your account or any personal information from our records please email email@example.com.
We use technology referred to as cookies to track your movement around our site. A cookie is a small amount of data – often including a unique identifier – that is sent from a website to your computer (or mobile phone) and is stored on your device.
In the case of the Knees Home and Electrical website we use one cookie which is necessary to operate specific features of the website such as the shopping basket, and another for monitoring site performance and usage. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information and consist only of unique identity codes. The former will be deleted as soon as you close your browser, and the latter will be removed after 90 days.
Cookies also enable us to track the effectiveness of our advertising, and to display adverts relevant to you when you’re browsing elsewhere online – for example products and offers that you’ve looked at.