Terms and Conditions
This page together with the documents referred to on it sets out the terms and conditions on which we supply the product(s) listed on our website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any product(s). By ordering any product(s), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
www.knees.co.uk is operated by Knees Home and Electrical. Knees Home and Electrical is registered in the U.K. (company number 98210). The head office is at Assento House, Epsom Way, The Whitehorse Business Park, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 0XE. Knees Home and Electrical’s VAT number is 137444173.
If you are ordering product(s) as a consumer you may cancel the contract at any time within a fourteen working day “cooling-off” period, beginning on the day after the day you receive the product(s). The required post contractual information will be supplied in an email confirming your delivery.
The price of any product(s) will be as quoted on this site, except in cases of obvious error. These prices include VAT at 20% but exclude delivery costs and any other additional services you may have opted for e.g. installation, old product disposal etc. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders that are the subject of a sale confirmation.
This site contains a large number of product(s) and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the product(s) listed may be incorrectly priced. Prices will normally be verified as part of the dispatch procedures. Where the correct price is less than the stated price, you will be charged the lower amount. If the correct price is higher than the stated price, you will be contacted for instructions before dispatching the product(s) and you may then cancel your order if you wish. If you do not cancel your order the product(s) will be supplied at the higher price. We are under no obligation to provide product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price if the pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
All payments must be in UK Pounds Sterling.
Placement and processing of orders
After placing an order, and once payment has been authorised, you will receive a sales confirmation via email acknowledging that your order has been received. The contract between you and Knees Home & Electrical will only be formed when a sale confirmation is sent to you and payment has been received. You will be contacted to agree a delivery date and will be provided with any necessary information before we dispatch the product(s). Please be aware that we reserve the right to refuse orders.
You will be informed as soon as possible if the product(s) you ordered are not available. Where you have already paid for the product(s), you will be issued with a full refund or offered an alternative product. We will through this process keep you fully updated.
Local Delivery Information
We deliver to set postcodes within a radius of our stores in Trowbridge and Malmesbury. We try to accommodate delivery to locations outside of this for an additional fee. Please email email@example.com to obtain a quote or to check your address is included within our local delivery area before placing your order. If an order is placed for delivery outside of our local delivery area an additional charge will apply. We will call you to advise and take payment of the additional charge before completing your order. Please be aware that we may be unable to fulfill your delivery if it is outside of our delivery radius, which may result in us cancelling your order. We would not make any charges to you if we cannot deliver your order and it is cancelled.
National Delivery Information
For selected items such as vacuum cleaners, we offer a national delivery service across mainland UK. This service is for delivery across England, Wales and parts of Scotland. We are unable to deliver to other locations outside of this area. Please be aware that we do not deliver to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isles of Man or the Isles of Scilly.
National Delivery of Kitchen Appliances
We offer national delivery of kitchen appliances for an additional fee. We work with a logistics partner to fulfill these orders. On placing your order we will confirm the details of your order directly with you. When the item(s) ordered is in stock we will contact you to confirm the goods have arrived and that we will pass the details of your order to our logistics partner to arrange for your delivery.
Our logistics partner will call directly to agree a delivery date with you. The evening before your delivery is due you will receive a notification of a 3 hour delivery window. On the morning of your delivery you will receive a further confirmation of the delivery details as well as a tracking link. This is a two man delivery service and includes delivering the item to the room of your choice where the goods will be unpacked and checked prior to leaving the premises. Prior to bringing your item(s) into your dwelling the delivery team will check the delivery route with you to ensure there are no obstacles in the way. They will also identify any pre-existing marks or damage on the delivery route. Our logistics partner will take away and dispose of any product packaging and provide you with a feedback survey to complete once the delivery team have left. This survey allows us to monitor the service you have received.
Please be aware that for national delivery of large items such as range cookers and side by side fridge freezers we can only deliver to a room on the ground floor. We are also unable to offer installation services where delivery of an item is over 25 miles from our stores.
We try to deliver all goods purchased as soon as possible. Following receipt of your order we will telephone you to organise a convenient delivery day and time slot for your items.
- Large domestic appliances – for items in stock we aim to deliver within 7 days.
- Large domestic appliances and household furniture to order – delivery timescales can vary.
- Small Domestic Products – currently only available for collection from one of our stores.
We will keep our customers updated on expected delivery dates. We reserve the right to change or move delivery dates according to supplier delivery dates to our warehouse.
Important Details Regarding Deliveries
When ordering a large item e.g. bed, side by side refrigeration appliance or range oven, it is important that you notify us of any access restrictions. If you do not do this and our delivery staff assess that access is in fact restricted or there are health and safety risks we are unaware of then we may be unable to deliver your item. We will be able to rearrange a delivery for a later date but it may be necessary to charge an additional fee to ensure safe delivery.
Once we have entered your property with the item then we will not be liable for any damage to items in your house. Please ensure all valuables are moved prior to the delivery, and easily damaged or light coloured floor coverings are suitably protected. We are fully insured but failure to comply could result in you having to claim against your own household insurance.
If you are not present at the time of delivery Knees will assume that whoever signs for the item(s) is authorised to do so. Signature of the delivery order confirms that there is no damage to the product(s). If any damage is noted at this point, this should be noted on the delivery order. The product(s) can be returned with the driver and replacements brought to you at an agreed time.
Any damage noted after delivery must be advised to Knees within 24 hours of delivery and photographs must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this situation we will co-ordinate with the manufacturer and request a replacement. This is not always guaranteed.
Delivery to an address different to that of the Cardholder Address
We will not deliver goods to an address that is different to that of the paying cardholder. All orders are checked by our internal software to ensure that the card used is not stolen or being used without the knowledge of the cardholder.
If no one is present at the property or the item is turned away when our driver attempts delivery, we reserve the right to make a charge at our discretion.
We provide a range of installation services for goods delivered within our local delivery area. Unless specified our pricing is for standard installations that require the correct connections to be in place. Please be aware:
- If you have asked us to install an appliance, there must be an existing water supply, where relevant.
- Old appliances can be disconnected by us where possible and at the discretion of our installation team.
- If the delivery installation team considers your plumbing to be unsuitable or is unable to isolate the water then we will not be able to carry out the installation.
- If additional work is needed such as moving pipework we can organise for this to be done, however it would incur further charges.
- If you are buying an induction hob or range cooker you will need to check with an electrician if you have the correct electrical supply.
- If an item has been successfully installed and a leak develops within 24 hours please e-mail our office immediately. After 24 hours from the time of installation we will not be liable for any leaks that occur.
- For our standard installation service we do not undertake any structural work to cabinet or property, we do not connect to hardwired spur connections or have the ability to disconnect or reconnect plugs, extensions or major plumbing water connections. We do not fit gas or disconnect gas appliances. If we cannot access wet connections we may use old existing pipes to connect to appliances. Where you do have these requirements or for complicated installations we work with a qualified third party installer who can undertake specialist gas and electrical work for an additional charge. For full details on installation services please refer to our information guide.
Old Product Removal
If you have asked us to remove and recycle your old appliance without us providing a disconnection service then the product must be disconnected prior to removal. All water must be drained from the inside of washing machines and dishwashers. Freezers and fridge freezers must be defrosted. We reserve the right to refuse to remove an old product at the discretion of our delivery staff. The charge for removal of all household major domestic appliances 60cm and under is £19.99 and for all major domestic appliances over 60cm wide it is £24.99.
If you would like to cancel an order, please email your cancellation request and the order number to email@example.com. If an order is due for delivery the cancellation request must be received by 12.00pm on the working day prior to your delivery date. If an order has already been placed with a third party supplier by us, cancellation may incur a charge if the supplier has either already shipped the item to us or has had to manufacturer the product. Each case will be considered on an individual basis.
If you wish to change your mind about a purchase and return a product within the statutory 14 day period, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Product Return’. Please include the order number, the item you wish to return, reason to return and full contact details.
Please be aware:
- Returns should be made within 14 working days of receipt and in original, undamaged packaging. The product must, in our assessment, be complete and in ‘as new’ or resaleable condition.
- Goods are returned at your expense and the original delivery charge is non-refundable.
- We will require proof of purchase to process a return.
- Refunds will be paid in the same way that they were received. For store returns cash refunds will only be paid up to the amount of £30.00 any refunds for items over this figure will be sent as a cheque via the post.
- Please note for hygiene reasons we cannot accept non-faulty returns that have been used for bed linen, duvets, pillows, mattress protectors and mattresses. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please therefore ensure that you contact us before attempting a return on email@example.com.
- If your item is faulty, please contact us and we will look at resolving the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved and the product is less than 30 days old, then the product can be returned, at our cost and you will receive a full refund. However, if any accessories are missing, the cost of these will be deducted from your refund. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you wish to return an item that has been made to order, for example a headboard ordered in your selected fabric, we will only give refunds in accordance with your statutory rights. For example, if the goods are not fit for purpose or as described. We reserve the right to apply a 20% restocking fee for returned items that are made to order. We also reserve the right to apply a usage fee to all furniture which has been in use prior to the report of any fault.
- If you purchase a clearance item this will not be eligible to be returned and refunded. We will only give refunds in accordance with your statutory rights.
- If you wish to return a domestic appliance and you require removal of the product, charges start at £59.99. If you opt to return the appliance to us yourself then please be aware that the appliance needs to be returned undamaged and in a fully resalable condition. Any damage identified on receipt of the returned item may mean that a fee could apply.
- We reserve the right to charge a restocking fee of up to 20% of the purchase price on returned items.
- Any technology products purchased with a tamper proof seal cannot be returned if the tamper proof seal is broken. Once the packaging has been opened these products can only be returned in accordance with your legal rights.
- All technology products are covered for faults by a guarantee. The Guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, misuse, wear and tear or failure to follow instructions.
- This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
Who do I contact if I have a complaint?
If you have a problem or a complaint please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve a complaint, you have the right to refer the dispute to the EU’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If you decide to register a dispute using this service, please advise us at email@example.com when completing the form.